Naar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
Push is the last stage of the three-stage procedure of propagating changes to code in Git:
It's through push that changes actually get published.
Concerning push in Sublime Merge:
- It's the up-pointing-arrow somewhere at the top-right corner of the interface
- Corresponding Bash command:
git push origin mainwith
origin mainthe name of the branch in this specific case
- Corresponding keyboard shortcut:
- The small down-pointing-triangle next to the push-arrow, opens a dialog window where the Bash command can be modified - I find that a really interesting way of extending a GUI with a CLI
- Sublime Merge asks for user name and token when pushing stuff. I think this is specific to Sublime Merge: G. didn't recognise this from the Bash commands he uses for interacting with Git/GitHub.