Questions & Issues (Notion)
Occasionally I run into limitations that by lack of a better name, I call propagation problems or contingency problems: Choice B or situation B depends on choice A or situation A and I don't know how to incorporate that in Notion. It seems like situation where in MySQL, I would typically use double join.
Categories & Projects
- I have Categories and Projects. A Project usually belongs to one Category. Tasks belong to Projects (and therefore automatically to the associated Category).
- When I create a new card, I may first choose a Category. Subsequently, I would choose a Project. Options concerning Project should be limited to the Projects within the given Category
Hide tasks of finished projects
- I have overviews of tasks, e.g., all tasks with a high priority or all tasks per Category - Such overviews are actually one of the things I most like about Notion
- When a project has Status='finished', the tasks are still in these overview: I can't filter on the Project status
- Can I share a part of my Notion setup with others?
- While still having control what he/she can do or change?
- While making sure that he/she doesn't have access to stuff I don't want to share?
- Preferably without having to pay an enormous amount?
Is Notion ready for business?
This is probably my major concern: Is Notion good enough for colaboration with others?
- It often feels like a toy
- I'm afraid that if I start using it with others, that I don't have control over my data
- I'm afraid that down the road, I would make such major changes to my current datamodel, that I have to start all over again. Maybe even every couple of months.
Is Notion worth the investment?
I've spend already quite some hours on Notion:
- How sure can I be, that Notion will still be around in 5 or 10 years?
- Maybe better to use a self-hosted open source alternative?
De-clutter the interface?
I found some of the views a bit cluttered. Can I change that?