Pagina's, views & database-tabellen (Notion)
What is exactly the relation between pages, views en database tables? E.g.:
- The objects in the left side bar aren't always clear: I can't find everything on the right back in this sidebar
- Why is there sometimes a dot and sometimes a floppy symbol in front of what seems to be views?
- When a database table is added to an existing page, an additional page always seems to be created in between the current page and the database - Isn't it? → Peek view (Notion)
- There seems to be a difference between 'pop-up versions' of a view and 'regular views'. But where are these pop-up views defined? → Peek view (Notion)
- Are there views like pop-up views, full database views and regular 'expliciet views'? → Peek view (Notion)
A database always requires an extra page
Conclusies: Als je een database aanmaakt, wordt er altijd eveneens een database-+-pagina aangemaakt. Die bevat de naam van de database-tabel en de full-page-weergave van de betreffende tabel.
What are the entities with dots?
What's the hierarchy of objects?
Conclusion: This is the hierarchy of objects:
- Database page: This contains the database table (and the full-page view, but that's a bit philosophical)