How to collaborate or share stuff on Notion?
- How to share some parts of a Notion workspace with others, including edit permissions?
- How to make sure that they can't change the setup?
- How to be able to include everything in overviews?
- To start with some good news: There are possibilities for collaborationthis without having to pay for it
- Stuff seems to become difficult, if you only want to share part of a workspace. E.g.: If you have projects for all your customers in one workspace, and you only want to share stuff that is related to customer-x, it might become tedious to accomplish this
- More specifically: things become complicated if you want everyting in overviews but only some stuff to share with others.
Ways to manage permissions
Notion has a couple of different ways to give different groups of users different rights to a Notion system:
- Via Workspace in the menu at the top of the sidebar
- By dragging objects back and forth between the Worspace, Private and Shared sections.
- Link Share at the top right of the interface
- Share-to-web - Via menu Share at the top right.
Sharing via the Shared link at the top right of pages, is intended to give guests access: People from outside your organization (and therefore workspace)  .
- Share-to-web (menu Share top right) allows you to share individual pages, even with people who don't have Trello themselves
- You can set what users can or cannot do via that link - Very handy!