Productafbeeldingen - Specificaties (Amazon)
Image types and uses
- Parent SKU main image: Generally used for search and browse pages only.
- Child SKU main image: Used for the product detail page. This must only show the product being sold.
- Alternate images: Should display different sides of the product and/or details that aren't visible in the MAIN image, or the product in use.
- Swatches: Thumbnail images used on the right side of some detail pages for showing a color or close-up of fabric or material. These must exist for all child SKUs and must show only the colour or fabric of the specific colour/product being sold.
- Images must accurately represent the product and show only the product that is for sale, with minimal or no propping
- MAIN images must have a pure white background (pure white blends in with the Amazon search and item detail pages-RGB values of 255,255,255)
- MAIN images must show the actual product (not a graphic, line drawing or illustration), and must NOT show excluded accessories, props that may confuse the customer, text that is not part of the product, or logos/watermarks/inset images.
- The product must fill 85% or more of the image
- Images should be 1,000 pixels or larger in either height or width. This minimum size requirement enables zoom function on the website. Zoom has proven to enhance sales. The smallest your file can be is 500 pixels on the longest side. The longest permitted size is 3000 pixel (in any direction). Consistently sized images are strongly recommended
- to activate zoom: between 1280 and 3000 pixels on the longest side; to take full advantage of zoom we recommend at least 2560 pixels on the longest side
- 72 dots per inch resolution 
- Amazon accepts JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), or GIF (.gif) file formats (JPEG is preferred)
- sRGB colour mode
- 8 bits per channel
- PC or Mac format
- No borders, text (other than the text on the product itself), watermarks, or information that leads away from Amazon.de (such as a URL) 
- Product must not be on a mannequin
- Product must have good depth of field meaning the image is completely in focus
- Product must be clearly visible in the image (e.g., if on a model, s/he should not be sitting)
- Image must not contain nudity
- Gift images (used to show gift wrap) must be 71x71 pixels
- Your store logo image must be a 120x30 pixel image.
MAIN images should be supplemented with additional images showing different sides of a product, the product in use, or details that aren't visible in the MAIN image.
A white background is recommended, but not required. Additional images must not include logos or watermarks, and all props or accessories must be presented in a way that does not cause customer confusion. Note:
Our servers cannot accept images that are not formatted to our specifications. In addition, we reserve the right to remove images that do not meet our image standards. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary rights to the images you submit.
To view examples of images that meet Amazon's requirements, please refer to the related Style Guideline for your category or view the images below:
Belangrijk dat productfoto's bij voorkeur geen marges hebben. Des te groter komt het product in beeld:
- Amazon zorgt zelf voor marges. Zie de afbeelding hiernaast
- Zie voorbeeld Amazon hieronder: Book of general ignorance: De correcte afbeelding heeft geen marge.