This article presents the most common payment methods used in webshops in particular countries.
In year 2020 three main payment methods were considered as sufficient in case of 99% purchases online:
- Bank card (la carte bancaire) e.g. MasterCard, Visa, Carte Bleue*, Maestro, American Express
- Bank transfer (le virement)
- PayLib the Paylib digital wallet is supported by major banks like BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole and Societé Generale
- E-Carte Bleue - virtual payment card which allows to make payments without introducing card data, which makes online payment more secure
* Carte Bleue - major debit card payment system operating in France. Unlike Visa Electron or Maestro debit cards, Carte Bleue allows transactions without requiring authorization from the cardholder's bank